Kia ora koutou katoa, good afternoon everyone,
As the country is in Level 2, we are looking forward to welcoming all our tāmariki back on Monday 18th May. Randwick Park School will resume at the normal time of 8.40. We ask that all students are on-site by 8.30am. The Government has assured us that schools are safe environments for children, young people and staff and that additional public health control measures are to prevent the spread of disease and to support contact tracing.
We have put into place a number of measures to meet Level 2 guidelines, some of these are outlined below. Please take time to discuss these as a family so we are all clear about expectations. In order for everyone to be safe at Randwick Park School we require the following:
- Where possible, students are dropped off at the gate
- If a family member does take a student to class they leave them at the door and do not go into classrooms or hallways
- Students are to stay a breath apart and should not hug each other
- Drinking fountains are closed so all students bring a drink or drink bottle from home
- The school office is open but there will be a one in and one out system. Please maintain physical distancing while waiting to enter
- Should you need to deliver lunch/es please remain in your vehicle and phone our office, your child will come to the car to collect it
- As you will appreciate it is important for our office to have up to date contact information for all students. Any child who becomes unwell, family/whānau will be contacted straight away to collect them
- Keep child/ren home if they show any signs of being unwell, please email or phone the school office
- Have a conversation with your child/ren before they return to school about hygiene and social distances, as school will be quite different on their return.
- Masks are not recommended, however if students wish to they may wear one.
- Please ensure children are off site by 3pm. There will be no after school practices until further notice
- The Canteen and Breakfast Club will not be operating until further notice.
- SKIDS will resume on Monday
The school has put a Safety Plan in place, which includes regular cleaning, limiting of contact situations, no sharing of food and all classrooms having hand sanitiser. Attached with this email is a full copy of the plan. This is a working document and will be reviewed and added to.
If your child received a school or device from the Ministry of Education we ask that they are returned to school on Monday 18th with the charger. Please wipe down both the keyboard and screen of the device with disinfectant. On arrival at school, they are to be handed into the external library door by the courts for processing.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you have any questions about our safety plan, or have a child who might be vulnerable to serious illness and would like to discuss a plan for them, please contact us via Linc Ed, on 09 2670112 or email email@example.com.
We are all really looking forward to having our RPS tāmariki back onsite with us.
Principal on behalf of our Board of Trustees and all our staff.